Monday, September 28, 2009

Running in the Background

All of us use computers. And, when we are using the computers we have "primary" programs and programs running in the background. What I mean by that, is if I am in Word preparing a document, I will also have my email program running in the background and depending on what programs are running there could be reminders of an email or an appointment, etc.

Paul tells us to "pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit." Eph. 6:18. As I reflected on that, my thoughts were drawn to computers and the programs running in the background. While we should set aside time to pray -- no doubt, I think Paul is telling us that the prayer program should always be running in the background by the "power of the Holy Spirit." So, we should always have a "God-consciousness" that allows us to communicate. We should keep that channel open throughout our day to get His perspective on our tasks, our priorities, our issues.

Try today to keep your prayer program running in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment