Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Robbing God

Malachi is a pretty stern book to close the OT with. And, while there are many themes, I think the overriding theme is robbing God. I do not want to enter into a debate about tithing -- though this is where most of us believe the "robbing" comes in. I think robbing is the general theme. You see, we rob God when we don't give our best to whatever we do. We are his ambassadors -- his managers of our lives and those entrusted to us. And, when we don't put our best foot forward we rob him. If you look at Chapter 1, the priests rob God by giving a blemished sacrifice -- not the best. In Chapter 2, spouses rob God when they are not faithful to their spouse -- clearly, not the best example of keeping your marriage vows. And, in Chapter 3, all people robbed God by not giving the mandatory money to the temple.

So, I am presented with a very simple question: Where do I rob God?

No comments:

Post a Comment