Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Joy and the Battle

I have been going through the study guide of "Walking with God."  One of his core assumptions is that God wants us to have joy and yet we don't have it because we make "agreements" in subtle ways that we will not have joy.  As I was praying, I have come to realize that for some reason, I have agreed with the devil that there is a tragedy in my life or practice waiting to happen and that will rob my joy.  So, why try.  And, then, yesterday, a client communicated to me that he believed that I did not do something correctly.  And, there it is....the devil coming to rob my joy.  Only this time, I didn't make the agreement.  I see the opportunity that God is giving me.  He can still lead me to joy.  So, this time I commit to joy.  I ask Jesus to take the devil's control in this area of my life away.  And, for now, I stop typing knowing that Jesus will be present in my meeting....I will pick up in a few...

So, I finish the meeting with the client and it went well.  Then, the client comes back 3 hours later and says they want to continue with me.   Praise God.  Joy.....we all want it.....the devil steals it....and God delivers it...

No comments:

Post a Comment