Friday, July 3, 2009

The Aftermath

Many of you saw the pictures of JT and his cut under his eye.  Over the past few weeks, I have been thinking about how JT was injured.  He disobeyed his dad and when he did it he ran.  And, running, he slipped, and slipping he hit the corner of the bed frame requiring stitches.  

My initial thoughts on this had been, what a great example of what occurs when we do not obey our dad's voice and his principles for living.  That is, to violate those almost always results in a "bad" consequence.  But, now I am convinced there was a greater message for me to see:  How a dad responds when a child is hurting.

When JT hit that bed frame and cried, I didn't scold, spank, reprimand, reason, or scream.  I called for mom and immediately put my finger over the wound.  He was hurting and I wanted to heal him -- to restore him.  I took him to the hospital.   They put him in a device in which he couldn't move (mom said he was a "cheese roll").  They cleaned.  He screamed.  They stitched. He wanted out.  But, I knew that to heal the wound and restore him, it needed to be done.  And, now it hits me, God wants to heal and restore me.  So, I ask....what needs to be healed, restored.....and, I choose to embrace it....

No comments:

Post a Comment