Wednesday, July 22, 2009

All By MySELF

JT and I went swimming yesterday in the pool. And, I asked him to swim under water with me. So, I said, "watch me." And, he began with his correction, "I can do it all by my SELF!" So, we continued to swim and as we did there were times in which he needed my help and he didn't realize it. So, I helped him -- letting him think he was doing it. And, then there were times in which I told him that he couldn't and helped him. But, the point is that I was shadowing him, watching his every move.

Later, I had to put him in time out because of his behavior. He didn't like that much at all. While he was sitting in time out, and after he had behaved correctly, he screamed, "daddy, help." His leg got caught. So, I got up and helped him out of the chair..

Isaiah 30:19 says, "He will respond instantly to the sound of your cries." What is it about cries that make us respond? I think it is the fact that the person crying is saying (and I mean not faking) there is nothing else I can do. I am done! And, I think that we all desire to respond to someone that truly wants help. God will let us wander. And, he won't always stop the natural consequence of our decisions -- unfortunately, many times we reap what we sow. But, He will respond. And, when He does, he will say, "This is the way; turn around and walk here" (21). How cool is that! He will guide you. But, your crying must be real. God doesn't respond to unauthentic cries. And, the easiest way to know if our cries are authentic is the fruit. "Then you will destroy all your silver idols and gold images. You will throw them out like filthy rages. 'Ugh!' you will say to them. Be-gone!" (22).

You see, none of us wants to be played. How much less does God? And, he won't be played. It's real simple, not easy. Do you want God's help? Have you wandered? Do you desire to keep the closeness? Then, cry. Be honest. Be ready and willing to say "Be-gone" to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment