Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Treasure

I sat yesterday with two clients -- members of a very wealthy family (billionaires).  I have been blessed to have clients that are very wealthy.  In any event, they were discussing the 300 foot mega yacht they were on and all that it had.  As I sat there, my mind drifted.....man that would be nice.  And, thankfully, I caught myself.  What is it within me that actually makes me begin to agree that this is life?  I read Job today and he said "let them no longer trust in empty riches. They are only fooling themselves, for emptiness will be their only reward."  So, I have to, again, adjust my feelings to God's truth -- riches do not equal happiness or life.  Society screams they do. God, however, whispers, in I Timothy 6: 19 that we can take hold of "real life" by sharing and being generous and being rich in good works.  All I can do is pause and ask God to continue to bring this boulder size truth to me.  It will set the path for each minute of my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment