Monday, May 4, 2009

5.4.09

I sat in class on Saturday thinking about Job.  We all know the story and probably that's part of the problem.  The known becomes common and the common becomes mundane.  And, then, it looses its impact.  As I sat there, the professor said, "and, God told the devil to test Job.....God knew that Job would stand the test."  The devil, of course, so full of himself didn't know.  Then, I thought about me -- many of us are in a test now whether it be health, the economy, whatever it is and God trusts me enough -- YOU enough -- to say to the devil:  "go ahead test my servant."  Man, the common became profound for me on Saturday.  I hope it does for you as well.  Take time out today to appreciate the common and you may see as I did how profound it really is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment