Friday, June 26, 2009

Unity

Whenever I hear of unity, it is always that the church should have unity.  While that is completely accurate, I was reading today the following from Psalm 133 "how pleasant when brothers live in harmony."  And, later, it says that "harmony is as refreshing as the dew that falls from Mr. Hermon....and the Lord has pronounced his blessing" where there is harmony.  I got to thinking that I cannot recall a sermon on familial harmony -- husband, wife and kids -- with the most important being husband and wife.  How can a church have complete harmony if the families that make up the church do not have harmony?  But, for those of us that are Christ followers we should desire that harmony with our spouses and should seek it out.  I know that for me sometimes I gloss over family harmony and assume that it is there.  But, with all organisms, we should have "well-checks" to see where we are from a health perspective.  My desire is the have the Lord's blessing pronounced firstly on my family.  So, it's time for a well-check....

No comments:

Post a Comment