Monday, November 23, 2009

New Life

I sat in the bed with my son. He turned 4 and was going down for a nap. He said he was going to get big. Then, he asked me the hardest question, after I am big will I get small again or will I die? Even now, it brings tears to my eyes. I told him he would be in heaven doing what he loves the most. Man, death. That's what we give our children from our natural nature. 1 Pet. 1:23 says, "For you have been born again. Your new life did not come from your earthly parents [ME] because the life they gave you will end in death. But this new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God." Wow!

Paul uses the new life as motivation to "see to it that you really do love each other intensely with all your hearts." So, that's it. We are to love. That's what it is all about. A few questions:

1. What does love motivate you to do?

2. How does your love show to those in your life -- relationships?

3. How does love show itself to those that you casually now?

No comments:

Post a Comment