Monday, August 23, 2010

Kingdom Agenda

Probably my favorite verse in the Bible is Matthew 6:33: "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

I was on the plane back from Monterrey and God's spirit spoke to me saying. "Do you have time for me? If not, I can arrange it." Many of us can go back to a time in which we had time in our "busy" day for God. But, as He blessed us, we had too much to do to give thanks to Him who provided it. There is an easy solution. If all the blessings are too much for me to handle, He can just take them away. And, that's where "seeking" comes in. On a daily basis am I seeking his kingdom and his righteousness?

Clearly, there are general "kingdom" and "righteousness" issues. But, to really seek them for my life, I have got to be still and listen. I have to take time out to receive His guidance. I was convicted by what went through my mind: "God can do more in 7 hours devoted to Him than 12 hours without Him." We all know this. We know that the majority of successes come from "breaks." You can have the best product or be the best attorney but you must have clients or investors or the right opportunities. And. what am I learning is that when I seek His kingdom for my life he provides "breaks" -- God ordained relationships. Relationships I could have never imagined of. But, it begins with seeking. That's it. So simple and yet so difficult. Life screams and God whispers.

Note to self: Be still, get rid of the noise and listen for the whisper.

No comments:

Post a Comment